Int’l Training on Linking Farmers to Markets in Africa – Accra, 15 -19 May 2017
IFDC is proud to announce the seventh edition to be conducted in English in Accra, Ghana, May 15-19, 2017
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Producer organizations and trade associations.
- Government officials dealing with formulating and implementing agricultural and trade policies.
- Service providers such as financial institutions, insurance companies, transporters, mobile phone services, ICT platform solutions, market information services, business development services, etc.
- Agribusinesses dealing with farmers: processors, exporters and importers, agro-dealers, etc.
- Representatives of national and international organizations involved in funding agricultural development and enterprise projects.
- Discuss the theory behind the different principles and components of farmer-to-market linkages and draw on lessons and best practices of IFDC and partner organizations in Africa;
- Show how to make theory successful in practice through well-selected case studies;
- Improve capacities to analyze farmer-to-market linkages within the context of specific agricultural environments and their input and output markets;
- Develop project(s) proposals which incorporate principles that allow for effective farmer-to-market linkages; and
- Create a network to facilitate future exchanges, joint proposal development, mainstreaming of farmer linkages approaches and long-lasting, professional relationships.