Africa Finance Investment Forum, 13 – 16 February 2017
The Africa Finance & Investment Forum (AFIF), is an annual business platform initiated by EMRC international in 2005 that aims to encourage entrepreneurship and strengthen professional capacities, promote SME (Small and Medium Enterprises) growth and attract the right investments to Africa in key sectors such as Agribusiness /Agriculture, ICT, Health, Energy, Water and Financial Services.
AFIF 2017 will take place in the vibrant city of Nairobi, Kenya, from 13th to 16th February, gathering over 300 decision makers linked to Africa’s financial services and the continent’s SME sector. Hosted at the Strathmore University, Kenya’s leading out-come driven entrepreneurial research university, AFIF 2017 will connect Africa’s entrepreneurs to partners and investors worldwide.
At EMRC we believe that SMEs are the key drivers for growth: in developed regions they are responsible for over 50% of GDP and over 60% of employment and economies across Sub Saharan Africa follow a similar model. However, one of the principal constrains to their growth, is a lack of access to finance. SMEs are situated in the “missing middle” category, the gap between microfinance and traditional financing. Those seeking microfinance are relatively well served, but SMEs, which by their nature should contribute to a larger and more sustainable economic and social growth, lack not only the necessary capital, but also the institutional support.
To encourage SME growth in Africa, AFIF offers an interactive platform for the entrepreneurs making a difference, for the financiers already investing in Africa, as well as for the larger financial institutions and enterprises interested in accessing this growing market segment.
The Forum provides a 360° experience, which includes:
- a 2-day pre-conference training for entrepreneurs “A Road-map for Entrepreneurship Growth” as an introduction to and in preparation for the AFIF 2017;
- plenary and parallel sessions on alternative sources of finance, with special attention to key sectors;
- Tailor-made B2B meetings: we pre-arrange the meetings according to needs and interests of all participants, speakers, partners and sponsors, as they all take part in the B2B session;
- The EMRC-Rabobank Entrepreneurship Award to celebrate innovation and excellence, aiming at providing an African SME with a financial contribution and exposure/visibility for a project. The winner will receive a US$ 10.000 cash prize, yearlong media promotion support in and out of Africa, free participation in the AFIF 2017;
- informal networking activities: dinners, reception, lunches;
- A dynamic entrepreneurship market place for the 4-day of the conference.
AFIF 2017 is organized in collaboration with Strathmore University, the Japanese International Cooperation Agency (JICA), Rabobank Foundation, Afreximbank, AMSCO, the International Finance Corporation (IFC, World Bank) and Entrepreneurial Solutions Partners (ESP).
The AA-Academy is partner with EMRC on this AFIF 2017 (Africa Finance & Investment Forum) and our members, in all countries, enjoy a special reduction on registration fees. Please contact us for more details, or contact the organizers directly: ib@emrc.